X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 VW GTI BlendMount BBE-2003 with Wire Cover

https://picasaweb.google.com/1052224...3WithWireCover

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7kbOZX714ME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The wire cover; mirror end has two inner "clips" make a small indent so people with a dremal tool can smooth them off when they are cut (if someone knows how to use a dremal this is not a real issue). The screws could use a drop of blue lock-tight paste at the head. Keep using the small tube container if cost is effective, this makes life to much better when dealing with such small parts.

Thanks again for making a quality part that I will talk about to others.

I started out with one of those “universal mounts”. That was my second mistake; the first was when I didn't listen to the reviews on a VW forum site. (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/) The first mount was “ok” but because of my car’s design it would never be deemed “universal” for my use. The BlendMount is the right choice. I ordered my BlendMount via a retail site. Per the description I added a note for type of vehicle. Within a few hours I received a message back from them confirming my model choice for vehicle (they wanted to make sure I was ordering the right part; not something you ever hear of these days.) and year. The shipment crossed the US within days and when I opened it, I was very pleased. What really makes this a better mount than others is that it is vehicle specific. All future owners should check the website for your vehicle before ordering, if you don’t find yours, email them first about your car. The parts are all well machined and everything you need to mount it is included. The adjustments that can be made are boundless based on the user’s preferences. I also used the wire cover to make the mount look more OEM. With some light modifications with a dermal tool it all looks like it belongs.

If you are looking to mount your radar detector in safe semi-permanent location, this is the mount to buy. Working with Frank has been an absolute pleasure. This is a quality part made and sold by quality people. Thanks BlendMount!
    Attached Files
Working...
X